General Jailbreak Tips and Tricks for a 2nd Gen Touch...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jake429, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jake429 macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch 2nd Gen is nice, but I am falling WAY behind the times with the App Store and other functions of newer iPods (most importantly, multitasking). I've used Greenpois0n in the past to successfully jailbreak the thing and install Cydia, but things don't work out the way others have told me it should. For instance, Winterboard won't install, and crashes the iPod every time I try. Certain Cydia functions won't work or install, and in the end, I've had to restore the iPod back to its original firmware (the 2nd Gen Touch iOS only goes as high as 4.2).

My question is twofold: 1. Are there any tips/tricks to having a successful jailbreak on a 2nd Generation iPod Touch MC model, and 2. Is there any way to trick either the iPod, iOS, and/or iTunes into allowing me to install a newer iOS on the device?

Any advice would be great!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can jailbreak it whenever you choose.
    Your firmware has maxed out. If you want newer apps, time to upgrade your device.

3. dtaylor89 macrumors newbie

Data

Question? If I'm using tether me to allow devices to connect to my phone and If i use the My3G will this make my phone think its using wifi instead of my regular data, when thesedevices are connected to my phone?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You revived an 18 month dead thread to ask this, now trying to hijack this thread.

Perhaps you should start your own on this.