Jailbreak Tweak Request (Data Usage)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mvparker79, Jul 12, 2015.

1. mvparker79 macrumors newbie

I'm tired of my cellular data being used so quickly without me knowing until after it is too late. I just checked my data usage, and apparently on Friday night I used 60MB at a time when I was at home so should have been on my home wifi. A couple of weeks ago I was in my car on the edge of my wifi connection at work and needed to do something online before driving home, so I disabled my wifi. Well I forgot to turn it back on so by the end of the night I had used about 600MB. So I'm looking for two different tweaks.

1) A tweak (it's really an app actually) that alerts you when your rate of data usage has shot up in a short amount of time.

2) A tweak that will turn off cellular data usage (or maybe just downgrade it so that it doesn't use it so quickly) but once you are actively trying to use data (ie, browsing on safari, streaming music, etc) the tweak will ask you if you would like to switch to faster internet for a certain amount of time.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You might have better luck getting a response in the Jailbreak and Hacks section.

There's a handful of apps in Cydia that will show your data usage (and even alert you).