Jailbreak tweak to remove iPhone 4s mic on keyboard

imMICHAEL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
I hate that stupid keyboard mic on the keyboard for iPhone 4s. Every time I accidentally press it, it makes the Siri-like noise and it usually happens in class and I get into trouble.

Is there a jailbreak tweak to remove or silence this feature?

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
I hate that stupid keyboard mic on the keyboard for iPhone 4s. Every time I accidentally press it, it makes the Siri-like noise and it usually happens in class and I get into trouble.

Been in that situation once. The buttons on my pant pressed the home button activating Siri during a test for one of my ap classes. However my teacher just said, "Thats why you have your phone off and not on silent." :p:p

Dang1ing Nuts

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2011

I could also use a tweak that does this but not because of the sound it makes or anything but because im left handed so I naturally use my left thumb to hit the space bar and I constantly hit the mic button on accident instead of the space bar.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Been in that situation once. The buttons on my pant pressed the home button activating Siri during a test for one of my ap classes. However my teacher just said, "Thats why you have your phone off and not on silent." :p:p
I've started turning off my phone for tests due to the fear that this may happen. You're lucky though, if that happens to me during a test or examination I could be "charged with an Academic Offense" and fail the course:cool:

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
I've started turning off my phone for tests due to the fear that this may happen. You're lucky though, if that happens to me during a test or examination I could be "charged with an Academic Offense" and fail the course:cool:
Mine just goes in the bag for tests now.