Jailbreak tweaks that you love

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by antisoma, May 9, 2011.

1. antisoma macrumors regular

Love might be too strong a word but lets share tweaks that we find useful.

When you want your phone "just so" and there doesn't seem to be an app that does what you want sometimes you need to do it yourself.

My contribution

I never liked having album art appear on the lockscreen when playing a song or listening to a podcast. I have lockinfo and use it often to check my mail etc. Album art can make lockinfo text difficult to read. It can also look pretty ugly too.

Simple solution. Go to /System/Library/SpringboardPlugins/ and then rename the folder "NowPlayingArtLockScreen.bundle" to something like "NowPlayingArtLockScreen2.bundle". Respring.

My lockscreen after the change with song playing.

[​IMG]

2. beto2k7 macrumors 6502

SMS GV extension, sbsettings, biteSMS, activator. My mostrar used ones. Together they work awesome

3. antisoma thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, I was hoping for less common examples. Ever want to change something that you couldn't find a cydia app/tweak to do it for you?

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

cool info, i dont like the album on my lockscreen either

5. loyalist macrumors 6502

Disable the iPhone shutter camera sound- navigate to the folder /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. Rename “photoShutter.caf” to something else like “photoShutter-alt.caf”

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Why not just flip the phone to vibrate for the picture then switch it back?

7. loyalist macrumors 6502

Why go through that process each time you take a pic when you can rename the audio file? :rolleyes:

8. tnisatard macrumors 6502

how do you get the time for your lockscreen like that?

9. eastercat, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I really like iannounce and iretiner gui.
    Personally, my album art doesn't always show. Sometimes I get the lockscreen instead. It's not enough of an annoyance for me to fix it.

ETA: I just d/l ShowCase, which will change the case of the keys on the keyboard depending on whether the shift/caps is on.

There's another thread about this. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1055903 It's devolved into another lame thread, but there's still some gems in there.

10. loyalist macrumors 6502

I think OP mislabeled this thread and it should read "Jailbreak tweaks you love that you can achieve through an app or tweak". I thought of the same thread but realized he was suggesting something else.

However, his suggestion can be achieved through a tweak named "No Album Art 4.x"

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Hmm. My mistake then. However, if this thread continues like the other, the original point will be lost anyway.