Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by adidas56k, Oct 22, 2011.

1. adidas56k macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 installed. More specifically, it's version 5.0 (9A334) with modem firmware 04.11.08.

Is it possible for me to jailbreak and unlock this phone? If so, what's the best software to use?

I found this article, but I'm not sure if this applies to my firmware/baseband.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=15520

Thanks!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yeah, that the one. However, you must understand that it is tethered jailbreak only for OS5 for your phone.

3. adidas56k thread starter macrumors newbie

Great, thank you. Is there any ETA when an untethered jailbreak will be available?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

No one knows on ETA for this yet. You can check dev team webpage regularly for update.

5. cedez macrumors newbie

I need to unlock my iphone 3gs

Hi i have a iphone 3gs 16 gb version 5.0 (9A334) modem firmware 05.16.05, is this phone able to be unlocked??

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ultrasn0w won't work on baseband that you have on your phone. However, there is way to unlock your phone by installing different baseband. This method will create problem with your phone GPS. So, do more research on it first before you go this route. Search for consequences with iPad baseband on iPhone.

7. UrBoyTim macrumors member

How'd it work? I'm going to buy an iphone 4 today and want to unlock it with T-mobile. I've had unlocked devices in the past, but I'm not 100% of the processes with the 4, and more specifically iOS5, yet.

8. tigerinroc macrumors newbie

Unlock after tethered jailbreak

i understand that jailbreaking iPhone 4 with os 5.0 using redsn0w is now tethered only. However, if if i unlock the phone after jailbreaking using ultrasn0w, will the phone still be tethered ?

9. Dan08 macrumors newbie

What about a factory unlocked iPhone 4?

Does this guide work with a factory unlocked (bought unlocked from Apple in the UK) iPhone 4 allowing it to be both jailbroken and unlocked? Or will this brick my iPhone's current unlocked status

I have the above mentioned 5.0 (9A334) and 04.11.08 version and firmware.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

hey there is a neat new site I heard of it's called google. Think of it as the original Sirius.

11. Dan08 macrumors newbie

I've tried looking on google, and usually prove to be fairly capable at finding what I need, but I couldn't find anything on my specific question...:(

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

your factory unlocked so you don.t need to worry. You can't brick a iPhone. If you want to jailbreak that.s up to you bug you will remain unlocked no matter what.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can JB it on 5.0 but it will be a tethered JB at the moment.

14. Dan08 macrumors newbie

Alright, now I get it :D. Thanks guys