Jailbreak/Unlock Issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CallumBrown, May 10, 2011.

1. CallumBrown macrumors newbie

Right, so I'm a noob. Let's clarify that firstly :(

I'm attempting to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone 3gs - the unlocking being the most important part.

I have however, updated to 4.3.3 which I seem to hear means there is no way I can unlock my iPhone?

Is this the case?
    Can I restore my phone to factory settings / an earlier ios?

Please help if you can - I really need to unlock this phone before about 9am GMT so I can use it for work :s

Thanks in advance

Callum

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Whether you can unlock or not is base on baseband the phone is running. On 3GS, once you update the baseband by updating with the official firmware, you will not be able to downgrade it even if you can downgrade the firmware. Thus, you phone is currently not unlockable due to the updated baseband with 4.3.3 firmware. You only option is to install the hacked iPad 6.15 baseband onto the phone. There are known issues with doing this, like GPS no longer works. Before installing the iPad baseband, read up on the issues.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well let me guess here you just trying to jailbreak and have no previous SHSH blobs saved then you can't downgrade firmware. the only unlock option you can do before 9am is the Ipad one tutorials on iclarified.com understand the risk before doing it. jailbreak tutorial is there too. if you can wait longer order a grevey sim better option. oh consider this lesson learned never upgrade firmware or baseband with out understanding the risk. your already lucky that there is a jailbreak already for 4.3.3 thank you Apple lazy team.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I thought that was only for an iphone 4, not 3GS?

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

my understanding is it would work with a micro Sim adapter tray. Quite honestly I haven't fallowed the whole grevey sim. I'm AT&T so I'm not to worried about unlock at least right now.