Jailbreak/unlock stock 3G 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gavbo, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Gavbo macrumors member

Hi All, christmas greating to all xx

My friend just recieved a 3G stock on 3.1.3

I have access to both pc and mac. I would like to Pwned it for him like my 3gs. He doesn't need the latest firmware and I am not sure which firmware is the best for a 3G in terms of performance.

His 3G is on 3.1.3 unsure not it be unlocked, I am guessing cos is stock is might be unlocked?

Thanks in advances
    Gavin

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To jailbreak you can either use PwnageTool, BlackRa1n, Redsn0w, or Spirit (all software for mac or pc). To unlock you can use Blacksn0w or Ultrasn0w.

It will only be unlocked on stock firmware if it was an officially unlocked iPhone.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Stock doesn't not make your iPhone unlock. All iPhones were once stock so all of them are unlock? Why would people whine about locked to the carrier then?

You don't seem to have a lot knowledge of JB. Maybe you should read more before helping your friend or else you would screw up.

4. Gavbo thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I have not been too clear, I meant to say, since he is still on the stock firmware and he is already using a 3rd party carrier hence the phone may have been an unlocked verson?

Your input have added no values to this thread. why?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd suggest to use redsnow to JB and ultrasnow to unlock.
    Stay away from Blacksnow and blackrain cause they do have some bugs.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If his Iphone is still on IOS 3.1.3, he has lot of options. If I was him, I will just use Spirit (one click) to jailbreak it and then unlock it with Ultrasn0w.

Jailbreakme.com is another option if he has no access to computer but wifi is accessible, then unlock it with Ultrasn0w.

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Just making sure that you know what you are doing.

If he is on stock firmware and on 3rd party carrier then the only reason is official unlock. So you don't need to unlock.

I would suggest stick with 3.1.3 firmware if it's 3G. My updated my gf's 3G to 4.1 and its the performance has gone down. I used blackrain without any problem but some people had some issues with it. Actually, use Spirit cause it's simple and save.