Jailbreak update to 1.1.2 removes all downloaded applications

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by CactusChef, Nov 21, 2007.

1. CactusChef macrumors member

I would just like a simple answer as to if I'm missing a step in the walkthrough 1.1.2 tutorial, because last time I went to upgrade to 1.1.2 it removed all my jailbroken applications (plus the installler.app) which I had downloaded. Am I missing a step somewhere?

As of right now I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod touch with all the iPhone applications (mail, weather, stocks, maps, notes) installed along with Sketches, the NES emulator, the calendar fix, and the OkToPrep file installed.

Question is: Can I plug the ipod touch in and run iTunes and install the 1.1.2 upgrade? It's not that I don't mind installing the apllications again (that'll take 5 minutes), I just don't want to reformat back to 1.1.1 and rejailbreak it if it is going to cause the same problem.

Can you tell me if there's a step that I'm missing, or does it seem to be good?

Oh, should I remove the calender fix before I update to 1.1.2?

Thanks

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes it does. But it takes 5 minutes to reload everything. All your settings in those apps remain.

When I re-installed Mail, Maps, Notes, Calendar, etc, all my settings were still there. My notes were still there.

And I do not care what your read, Safari is a bit quicker in 1.1.2

3. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Wow, and mine is fast as hell already.

Well, I should have made my question more clear... Can I just run iTunes now and install firmware 1.1.2 from iTunes? Did everything what I said above seem to be right as far as the jailbreak instructions went? OKtoPrep is the application that will allow me to install the 1.1.2 over the jailbroken 1.1.1 touch, right?

1.1.2 is supposed to fix this, but I just want to make sure I don't have to...When I upgrade to 1.1.2 with a jailbreak, do I have to reinstall the hack/patch for the calendar fix?

Thanks

4. iMouseHD macrumors regular

5. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks.

And before I proceed, I just want to finalize on my original question:

OkToPrep is installed. Now can I just run iTunes now and install firmware 1.1.2 from iTunes? OkToPrep is the application that will allow me to install the 1.1.2 over the jailbroken 1.1.1 touch, right?

Thanks again

6. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks.

And before I proceed with the jailbreak, I just want to finalize on my original question:

OkToPrep is installed. Now can I just run iTunes now and install firmware 1.1.2 from iTunes? OkToPrep is the application that will allow me to install the 1.1.2 over the jailbroken 1.1.1 touch, right?

Thanks again

7. iMouseHD macrumors regular

Yes but I am only answering the question once.:)

8. Mazda 3 macrumors newbie

That`s what I`ve been wondering too. Got my 1.1.1
    really nice right now. Mail,Maps,games,

Once you`ve loaded OktoPrep once you`re good to go??
    ---------------------------
    20" alum 2.4 Imac
    8 gb Ipod Touch

9. dagored macrumors 65816

Yes, but it does not end there. Now you are ready to jailbreak the 1.1.2 you are installing. You seem a bit confused. Go to this site: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Download the zip file - read the README txt. Then if you have questions, ask.

You will be on step 3

10. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Alright, I followed all the instructions and now I am back to where I was before.... just got 1.1.2 installed now with no jailbreaked applications whatsoever (I realize those are supposed to be gone, but isn't the installer .app still supposed to be there)????

Also I downloaded that zip file, and it just crashes on me when I unzip it.

11. dagored macrumors 65816

The zip file has the java script that will rebreak your Touch. Find a way to download it. If you get that far and installer app is installed, do the following:

to get the iPhone apps on your newly jailbroken 1.1.2 just click on "sources in the installer app and then tap "edit" then "add" and type in repo.us.to so the whole address reads "http://repo.us.to". then add the source and let it refresh it.

Then the iPhone apps should show up in the installer menu. Then its as easy as installing any other app.

12. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Ok, cool.. thanks...I got 1.1.2 installed....Question now is, all my music is stored as 10 gb under OTHER in iTunes. It won't let me access them on the ipod touch. It still reconizes the pics, but thats it. I can't access the songs that are on the ipod, only whats on my PC. It won't let me display, delete, or edit what's on there, and I definitely don't have enough room to reinstall all the songs again.

EDIT: I installed one 5 mb song and it came up as a 184 mb song file, but all the other 10+ gb of song files remain in the orange OTHER category.

Whats going on here....Looks like I should have stuck with 1.1.1

13. dagored macrumors 65816

Sync it again with iTunes. I had no such problems.

14. CactusChef thread starter macrumors member

Tried, was the first thing I did... I'm just gonna restore to 1.1.1 and try again with no songs on it and see if it works.