Jailbreak Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sheppy1, Nov 11, 2011.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, i currently have the below setup:

iPhone 3GS
    06.15.00 Baseband
    4.1 Firmware
    Rely on ultrasn0w for unlock

and I would like to upgrade to 4.3.3, can someone tell me the best way of going about this?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you have 4.3.3 blob saves? if not, you can't. you can't upgrading your phone to any firmware where Apple has stopped signing it. Unless you have SHSH blobs save.

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Ahhhh okay, I didn't realise you needed blobs for upgrading, I thought they only applied to downgrading anyway no I don't :( I have them for 4.3.5 though but that can only be tether jailbroken from what I've read..is that correct?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

you are correct that 4.3.5 is tethered jailbreak as well as OS5. However, with OS5, you can install Semi-tether from the big boss which I think it worth it if you want to go that way.

5.0.1 is coming out, so I am not sure if Apple still signs OS5, if they do then you have to move fast otherwise you won't be able to once they stop signing it.

By the way, if your phone have old bootrom, then you will have untethered jailbreak. So, run it with Idetector and see what you have.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Blobs are needed to go to any firmware that is not currently being signed by Apple. Apple only sign the most current one, so if you are on a very old version and need to go a newer one but that it is not the most current you still need SHSHs.