Jailbreak vs. WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alabare, Aug 4, 2010.

1. alabare macrumors member

Trying to figure out if this is just coincidence...
    Downloaded JB day of release. Since that day, have to reconnect iphone to my Wifi Network each time I pick the phone back up. Same thing seems to be happening with our un-jailbroken iPad yet our regular laptops have no issue. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or am I victim to Comcast yet again?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You should work on get rid of that bad virus call Comcast.... it can really hurt your devices :eek:

Haven;t really had any issues but I don't own an ipad (yet), 2 macbooks, 3 iphones all work fine

3. alabare thread starter macrumors member

Sad thing is...Comcast is the lesser of several evils here in jacksonville, fl.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Is it not designed to work that way to save power. It disconnects when the device goes to sleep.

5. alabare thread starter macrumors member

Let me give a little more detail...

When I pick the phone back up for normal internet use, I'm unable to navigate to any web content. I show a full wifi connection, but in order to connect, I have to disconnect my network, re-connect, and re-input password. Only then can I begin normal internet use. Extremely frustrating.

Sounding more and more like a Comcast issue.