Jailbreak vs. WiFi Connection

alabare

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Trying to figure out if this is just coincidence...
Downloaded JB day of release. Since that day, have to reconnect iphone to my Wifi Network each time I pick the phone back up. Same thing seems to be happening with our un-jailbroken iPad yet our regular laptops have no issue. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or am I victim to Comcast yet again?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Downloaded JB day of release. Since that day, have to reconnect iphone to my Wifi Network each time I pick the phone back up. Same thing seems to be happening with our un-jailbroken iPad yet our regular laptops have no issue. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or am I victim to Comcast yet again?
You should work on get rid of that bad virus call Comcast.... it can really hurt your devices :eek:

Haven;t really had any issues but I don't own an ipad (yet), 2 macbooks, 3 iphones all work fine

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Is it not designed to work that way to save power. It disconnects when the device goes to sleep.

alabare

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Is it not designed to work that way to save power. It disconnects when the device goes to sleep.
Let me give a little more detail...

When I pick the phone back up for normal internet use, I'm unable to navigate to any web content. I show a full wifi connection, but in order to connect, I have to disconnect my network, re-connect, and re-input password. Only then can I begin normal internet use. Extremely frustrating.

Sounding more and more like a Comcast issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.