Jailbreak???????WHAT

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ny2nctova, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ny2nctova macrumors member

ny2nctova

just bought a ipod touch took it out of the box and i have 1.1.4 firmware or somethin..now how do i get the installer app? how do i jail break i dont get it there 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 which one do i do? do i jail break all in order?

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I'm not sure of all your questions, but http://www.ziphone.org/ has the software to jailbreak and install Installer.app. ;)
    use at your own risk

3. swearbymac07 macrumors member

If you are on Mac OS X

Download ZiPhone OS X 2.5c from www.ziphone.org > Download ZiPhone and click on the Smiley Face Icon. Connect iPod Touch 8GB ONLY, Press Jailbreak.

If you are on any version of Windows (from 2000 - Vista)

Download ZiPhone WIN 2.5c from www.ziphone.org > Download ZiPhone and click on the Orb Icon. Connect iPod Touch 8GB ONLY, Press Jailbreak.

PLEASE NOTE

Jailbreaking is fun and provides hours of fun with the Device. But, it does come with its warnings. It will void the warranty, but restoring it with iTunes hides the Jailbreak. It may brick the device (iPhone only) or lock it in Command Prompt or DFU Mode. If that happens... Post in my Redmond Edition or Jailbreaker's Cafe Thread, and I and others will try and help you. Or just PM me or other people if you are stuck doing it.

Be warned.

P.S. I have Jailbroken my iPod and it works like a charm. Although i did run into the worlds biggest problem the first time i tried, I overcame it and tried again. Successful!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

So if you need anymore help:

PM me during the night if you are in the US or the Northern Hemisphere because it will be day time in my country (AUST) or the Day Time if you are in the Southern. Or simply post on my Cafe Thread and I and other people may help you.

Cheers!!!!!!

Screenshot of Jailbroken iPod Touch 8GB + Upgrade Pack + Summerboard

Attached Files: