Jailbreak with a different computer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by satointl, Jan 15, 2010.

1. satointl macrumors member

My friend is over and he wants me to jailbreak his iPod but since my mac isn't his syncing computer, can I still do it? He uses windows and I use mac (I don't know if that makes a difference). Can someone give me a quick tutorial?

Thanks,

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I don't think it'll work...i think the itunes need to recognize your friend's ipod first so you can run the blackra1n program.

all you need to do is just download blackra1n (at blackra1n.com) and click the button.

3. satointl thread starter macrumors member

Wait. What if I made another account on my mac?

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

oh my god you people at this forum know nothing about jailbreaking! yes u can just cancel the sync, quit itunes, go to blackra1n.com download it for mac, run it and click make it ra1n. then wait till the successfully jailbroken iphone message comes up. then quit blackra1n and unplug.

5. satointl thread starter macrumors member

I know how to jailbreak; my iPod is jailboken. I just didn't now if you could jailbreak a different iPod that has already synced with a different computer; and it has music and stuff already on it.

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Yep, no problem; you can download blackra1n and run it on your computer. Just make sure you ignore any warnings iTunes gives you and don't let it sync with the iPod.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

8. satointl thread starter macrumors member

^ Agreed. :D

Anyways many thanks to the people who answered. :)