Jailbreak with Powerbook G4???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by czarredd, Dec 6, 2010.

1. czarredd macrumors member

Can I jailbreak my 3g with a Powerbook G4 (not windows capable)? If so which software do I use because when I download redsnow it won't open...the pineapple is greyed out with a no symbol. I could probably use my windows computer to jailbreak but all my synch info is on the mac....could I still synch with the mac if jailbroke with the pc? Thanks!

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You can still sync. I doubt you will be able to jailbreak with an old Powerbook, because often the jailbreaks rely on some of what iTunes can provide. I almost exclusively use Macs to sync, but I jailbroke with Windows when greenpois0n first came out before the Mac version was available. You will be fine going that route.

3. czarredd thread starter macrumors member

Thx, but iTunes is also on the Powerbook.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can JB on your Win machine and them restore your backup and sync on your mac not problem (I had JB my phones on Bestbuy's Machines and them go home and restore my crap).

As far as the Jailbreaking tools running on the G4 I don't think those App are Compiled to be universal, I think they are Intel only, not PPC support. You may want to check the developers website for the answer, but I am about 95% positive that they are Intel only.

5. czarredd thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Which program did you use redsnow, ultrasnow?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That depends on what iOS version you are running and what Version you want to upgrade to. However Unltrasn0w is a Unlocking tool not a Jailbreaking tool.

You can use Pwnage tool to JB or you can use Redsn0n.