Jailbreak without Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheCheapGeek, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I want to Jailbreak only for gv mobile, is there anyway to jailbreak without installing anything but gv mobile and netatalk? I want the smallest performance impact possible. This is a 3.1.2 3GS BTW

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

You can use PwnageTool in expert mode to create a custom firmware that wont have Cydia, but you can still add packages that you want.

Although, I'm not totally sure if they will install without Cydia. Worth a shot.

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Netatalk is not a jailbroken app.

It's possible, yes. But you will not be able to get any more app updates. There are alternatives to Cydia. You can install Icy if you think Cydia is too bulky, I don't. You can also install APT and SSH so you can do all your app management over commandline from your computer or with MobileTerminal.

Personally... I think you should just install Cydia, I'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Although if you have any Linux experience I think you'd be just fine installing APT and SSH and going that route to keep Cydia off.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Yeah, installing mobile terminal and SSH isn't such a bad idea. I use mobile terminal quite a lot for installing stuff.

And you can always Poof Cydia ;)

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

But then you'd have to install Poof! And who's going to Poof Poof!!! ;)