Jailbreak(ZiPhone) leaves annoying logo on homescreen, remove?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by darxun, Jun 15, 2008.

1. darxun macrumors member

I've jailbroken my iPodTouch with ZiPhone (http://www.ziphone.org/)

It is a great working application which jailbreaks the iPod touch easily. The only problem is, that the hacking-thing leaves a logo on my homescreen which opens a specific site in Safari.

I can't find any way to get rid of that logo. Trying it with categories or poof did not work (it wasn't shown in the list to hide). I've got the firmware 1.1.4. Wiggly icons are not working.

So does anyone have an idea?:confused:

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

you have to add a repo to get the january software apps including the wiggly affect, then you can use the wiggly affect and they'll be an "X" in the corner of the icon to delete it.

3. darxun thread starter macrumors member

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

to be more helpful than the last guy lol

add this to installer sources: http://ipodtouched.net.repo.xml

then go back to install section, scroll down to category called ipod touched and install iphone apps + wiggle

when installed exit to home screen and hold your finger down on any app for a few seconds and the icons will start wiggling, now just click on the X next to the Z icon and confirm delete

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

ya, sorry I haven't had an ipod touch in a while so I'm not up to date on the new repos and stuff

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

having restored recently, i also needed to get this update, but all of the sucked, so if all the apps crash on startup, get firmware changer, set it to 1.1.2, and get the 1.1.2 apps, that run as root, and dont crash