Jailbreak ??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Robbietaylor, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Robbietaylor macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 that I want to jailbreak but its on 4.1 and I was wondering if there was a way to downgrade while keeping all my App data?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No way to downgrade without your SHSH blobs (Google them). You don't have those. So you'll have to wait for the 4.1 jailbreak.

Next time use MRoogle or Google.

3. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

4. Robbietaylor thread starter macrumors regular

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, Apple isn't signing them anymore. And your iPhone never had 4.0.1 blobs.

6. Kayan macrumors 6502

You cannot get SHSH that is no longer being approved, so no you cannot get older SHSH

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You cannot Jailbreak 4.1 unless you can downgrade to 4.0.1 or previews and Jailbreak there, but in order to do that you need shsh saved for 4.0.1.

You don't seen to understands how Jailbreak and SHSH works, maybe this post can help out - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1023947

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your app data can be restored from backup thru iTunes.
    But like said above you can't downgrade at the moment. All you can do is wait for a 4.1 jb.

9. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

What we need here is some smartypants to figure out how to use generic SHSH blobs.

While I write that in jest, what exactly makes the SHSH blob specific to any one phone & why cant a "one size fits all" approach be developed &/or created?

I aint got near the smarts nor the time to get 'em to know the answer to this, so if you could just talk down to me a little bit in order to help me 'get it' I would be obliged.:D

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Because we don't have/know Apple's signing key and the iPhone's will only accept Apple's.

11. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Because Apple uses an algorithm (I can only think that it's a key pair or a proprietary algorithm) with part of the equation being your ECID, which is a unique identifier for your particular handset, eliminating the possibility of a generic solution for all. This is why we all need to have ours stored on Saurik's server so that if we want to restore, we can "spoof" iTunes to accept our already valid SHSH.

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

SHSH blobs are Binary Large object, encrypted signatures that apple sing with an specific algorithms, and they are specific to each device. We don't know what they use, they could use the ECID, they could use the serial number of the flash chip, they could use the time and date, we don't know. We don't have the keys either...so it is near impossible to decrypt them