Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TillysWily, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TillysWily macrumors regular

ok I have looked around is there anyway to jailbreak 8.3 with a Mac? I saw the TaiG only has it for windows.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Not as yet.

I think theirs a virtual option via a Mac.

I'm in iOS 8.1.2 Jail Broken and am holding fire as its all way too untested yet for me.

3. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

this is something that I have never understood. You release a jailbreak for a mac device without the ability to jailbreak from a mac. Makes no since at all. Some people, like myself, cant stand the windows operating system so a window jailbreak does nothing for me bc I don't own a windows computer.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Totally agree.

Must somehow be easier to write for windows.

I literally had to dust down a Samsung Netbook I had in a drawer.

5. TillysWily thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I don't even have something to do it on so I'm stuck till a Mac release

6. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Why not install windows as a VM. VirtualBox is free. You could even store it on a separate drive so the Windows VM file doesn't take up space on your HD. Only connect it when needed.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

No friends or family with a Windows machine ?

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Try being in the spot of only owning PowerPC Macs. I've had to use a PC since the iOS 6.x jailbreak in 2013 because while I owned several Macs none of them were Intel and Snow Leopard was the minimum required. I won't even get into the fact that Apple still supports iTunes and the iPhone on XP computers but killed PowerPC over nine years ago.

Now that I do own one Intel Mac (2006 17" MBP), the recent jailbreaks are Windows only.

This is one of the big reasons that when I am jailbroken I install Netatalk on my iPhones so I can at least mount the filesystem as a drive on my PowerPC Macs.

In any case, I think the big reason for it being Windows is simply because PCs are more common as coding machines and since Apple decided to make iTunes for PC…well it goes hand in hand.

9. Boogsephine macrumors 6502

I jailbroke my iPhone 6 on 8.3 today using my Mac and running Parallels Desktop 10. Took 2 tries but everything is good to go now.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Figure it out then.
    The JB teams don't owe you a JB and if you cannot find a windows computer for 5 minutes then sit there and wait.
    Or create your own JB tool for Mac first...