Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchLover, Feb 16, 2009.

1. iTouchLover macrumors member

Hey everybody, I need some help with some things. I am trying to jailbreak my iTouch Generation 2 Version 2.2.1. I have QuickPwn. I have the Firmware. I attached my iTouch. I hit the Blue Arrow. It told me to browse for a Firmware. I did from my Downloads File on my Windows. I clicked on the 2.2.1 Firmware and it appeared in the bar. It started Loading. When it finished, a Red Note appeared under the Browse Tab and said;

'The IPSW file you selected does not match any firmware version QuickPwn supports. Either the IPSW file is corrupted, or the firmware version is unsupported.'

Can anybody help. I really want to see what it is like. Please and Thank You for any and all help, and for posts that are stupid and have nothing to do with my problem.

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I dont think the 2nd Gen iPod Touch is supported. I know the 1st Gen is though.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

2nd generation works a lot different than the first generation when it comes to jailbreaking.
    You jailbreak the 2nd gen using redsn0w.
    At the moment it is only a tethered jailbreak so you have to be at your computer whenever you went to turn your iPod on or off.

4. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thank you, now I don't turn it off/on. I do put it in sleep mode very frequently. Do I need to be at my computer to put it to sleep/awake. And, what about when the battery dies?

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You do need to be at the computer when it dies but not when you wake it up from sleep mode.

6. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Ok, well, is it possible for it to bust or to break. Thats what I'm really afraid of. Last thing, can you send me a link of where to go to jailbreak it. Also. please send me a link of a YouTube Tutorial. Or you can post it down for me. Lol no, I wouldn't want to put anyone through that much work. Just a link for Red SnOw and a YouTube Tutorial would be perfect. Thank you for all your help.:apple:

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Sure thing. Currently I'm on my iPod so I'll do it when I get go on my computer.
    If you don't want to wait you can try googling for answers.

Well, here's a link I can give you in the mean time. redsn0w.com

8. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

ok

Okay well anything will help. I don't want to bother anyone but those links would really be helpful lol. So pleassse send them. Thank you.

9. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

Anybody

Hey, everybody, I have one last question. Get everyone to answer. Here it goes;

SHOULD I JAILBREAK MY IPOD TOUCH GENERATION 2 VERSION 2.2.1. WITH RED SN0W?

10. DollarsAndGirls macrumors member

DO NOT JAILBREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUR IPOD TOUCH 2G

11. iTouchLover thread starter macrumors member

Yes

Okay. I decided not to Jailbreak it. Props to everyone for their help.