Jailbreaked 3gs, updating and girlfriend

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeachChair, Aug 17, 2010.

1. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

I'm on vacation and the internet is kinda bad so I just wanna make sure I do this right.

I have a unlocked jailbroken 3GS with 3.12. I want to wipe it, update it to 4.02, and then load my GF's iphones settings/contacts etc. onto it.
    The update is on my laptop, and the settings are on my GFs laptop.

2. ajax43 macrumors regular

Just out of curiosity, and not to actually answer your question, but is it "jailbreaked" or "jailbroken"?? What exactly is the etiquette here? I am somewhat of a grammar Nazi and I refer to it as "jailbroken", while others say "jailbreaked." I did not mean to threadjack you, but I figured I would be devoured by the thread starting police if I actually started my own thread...you know, "have you ever heard of search"? and " noob" and whatnot. I did a search and nothing, nada, zip.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you update it to 4.0.2, you will not be able to jailbreak it. Not sure if you still want to, and if not, that would work fine.

Jailbroken. You wouldn't say "I dropped my glass and it breaked."

4. Mr dj mo macrumors member

Who cares?!?!

To answer ops question as soon as you update to 4.0+ it will remove the jailbreak anyway.

So you will have a standard phone to transfer you're G/F data onto.

You can then Jailbrake it after that if that's what you want to do.

5. ajax43 macrumors regular

Obviously I do silly. But thanks HEAPS for your thoughtful, lucid response.:D
    Plus, you spelled it wrong. It's "break', not "brake". (sorry, it's the grammar Nazi coming out again).TOODLES!!!! Lighten up francis(es).

6. ajax43 macrumors regular

True. But I notice a bunch of people using "jailbreaked in place of "jailbroken", so i figured I would ask...it cannot possibly be that a bunch of people could be stupid, but I could be wrong! I keed, I keed.

7. nate1220 macrumors member

update to 4.0.1. google for the ipsw. saurik has a fix via cydia/rock that has the pdf exploit patch.. no point of updating to 4.0.2.
    As far as the contacts and what not. if it is back upped on the computer, you will be able to sync it all over.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm a jailbroke/jailbroken gal, myself.

I'm also an editor with an MS in English, so I may not be the most unbiased participant in this here thread. ;)

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

You also wouldn't say, "I dropped my glass and it broken." Well I would hope you wouldn't. :p

10. ajax43 macrumors regular

THANK YOU!!! I am currently a PhD candidate, so I guess I let my academic outlook get in the way of just enjoying theses threads.

11. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Hehehe! I have moments like that, too. I try to just let my mind trip right on over it.

I'm thinking of a PhD lately, myself. Yes. I love school. (Apparently, anyway)

:D

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yanno, I find this type of creative spelling far more exciting (and not at all annoying)... it's stuff that I know to be an aberration that I have to try to ignore. ;)

14. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Both are correct, depending on the sentence.

I jailbreaked my iPhone this morning. = Acceptable
    I jailbroke my iPhone this morning. = Correct.

My iPhone is jailbroken. = Correct.
    My iPhone is jailbreaked. = Incorrect.