Jailbreaked and now (Touch on PC)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ikketochniet, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ikketochniet macrumors newbie

The new GUI Jailbreak allowed me to do the trick in a matter of minutes.

How about now getting access to the device and upload stuff to it like other apps.

I am a windows (PC) user (yes you can blame me). I am a dummy and so any step by step guide would be appreciated.

I saw in some posts that you have to download WinSCP. So I did but I have no clue what ip or stuff like that to enter to create a connection.

Any step by step help would be appreciated. I saw in other posts that quite a few Windows users are lost as well. So for us ignorant users, would someone be so kind to explain us on how to install other apps?

2. EnTg888 macrumors member

I'm kind of a newb to this too, but here's what I did to get it working.

1) In WinSCP, create a new Login and call it Ipod or whatever
    2) On your ipod, go to the settings>wifi settings and wait for the list of networks to load. Then, on the one that you're connected to, touch the little arrow. It will tell you the IP address, among other things. This is the ip address for WinSCP, goes under "host name". User name is "root" and password is "alpine". Save it and then hit "login".
    You now should have access to your ipod. Put applications in the "Applications" folder.

But most applications can be dlded using the installer on your ipod, so no need for WinSCP there.

3. ikketochniet thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

I managed to see all the apps. Here is how:

1/ Settings > Wifi > Blue arrow to learn more about your connection
    2/ Note the IP address
    3/ Create a SFTP connection to that IP
    4/ Username is "root"
    5/ Password is "apline"
    6/ With the FTP client go to the root (/) and then select Applications

I guess that's where all the apps reside.

Now the question: how to upload and where to get apps like MobileMail.app

4. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

MobileMail is copyrighted by Apple. I'm not going to help you with that for the exception of "use the search".

It's not just dragging the app to the Applications directory either.

5. ikketochniet thread starter macrumors newbie

Correct

You are correct. MobileMail.app is protected by copyright and should not be installed on iPOD's.

Any suggestions for good freeware app's?

After dragging and dropping what is the way to install an app on the iPOD Touch (using a PC)

6. depiction macrumors newbie

I am having similar problems connecting via WinSCP. I used the IP address listed with the connection I am using then entered root and alpine for username and password. I then hit login, and it doesn't connect. (I get a time out error.) My college campus uses NAT (network address translation) so I also tried the IP that would appear to any computer outside of my college's network, and it still didn't connect. Does anyone have any idea why this might not be working? If not I will ask one of the workers at our IT helpdesk.