Jailbreaker's Cafe, Redmond Edition - Post all JB'ing Questions and Comments here.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by swearbymac07, Mar 3, 2008.

?

Will you restore from JB if SDK is any good?

1. Yes, definitely

14.3%
  2. No, im keeping my JB

14.3%
  3. Maybe, if the SDK is good and Themes are allowed.

71.4%
  1. swearbymac07 macrumors member

Hello, welcome to Jailbreakers Cafe for Windows

In the Mac Cafe, I recently Jailbroke my iPod running 1.1.4 with ZiPhone 2.5c OSX. Of course, that program works with Windows as there are two versions.

One question for the Windows people. Is Customize for 1.1.4 and .3 coming soon?

Also, people who have big probs JB'ing the iPods and iPhones, post here and I and I am sure that many others will try and help you.

Thanks. :D:D:D

2. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

Thread title meant to read Comments. Thats it. sorry. :D

3. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

So... what's the point of this thread?

Is it just to be updated by you?

Confuzzled...

And I too would like to know the status of Customize.

The google code page for it says that it is being put on hold till the release of the sdk.

4. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

narh, this thread can be posted on by anyone with comments and questions to do with JB'ing on Windows PC's and iPods and iPhones used with that PC. I have a Mac one that is separate to this.

I love customize. I want it bad. :D:D:D I used to have it. :D

Does anyone here find Lights Off terribly addictive? i love it.

Cheers

5. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Did you know...

This worked after I Jailbroke 1.1.3...that if you manually add Customize (such as through WinSCP) Customize will work :eek:

Just download the app here and give it a try.

Then, after doing that, ssh into iPod touch and add this code

Code:
    /bin/csh
    Then

Code:
    /bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/*
    Restart your iPod or Restart the Springboard through SMBPrefs. Enjoy!

(I have not tried this on 1.1.4, but it did work the moment I Jailbroken 1.1.3 with Nate True's edition)

6. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

tried that. nothing. i am on 1.1.4 + Jan Upgrade (the genuine upgrade from itunes :D)

So i guess i will wait until the SDK comes out, because thats when the new version will be released, or so says the developer.

I think I am only going to stay Jailbroken until the SDK Arrives, and I will see what it has to offer. If most Jailbreak 'Installer' Apps are on iTunes or something, then I will restore. I will also Restore if Apple allow theming of SpringBoard without SummerBoard.

Is anyone else here going to stay JB'd when the SDK comes out?

Cheers

7. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Hmmm I'll give that a try... Where do u add the code?

8. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Hey! It worked!

I just threw the code in through putty, and it loaded up perfectly! Still need to test the application itself, but it loaded (the app) nice enough.

9. albinoAZN macrumors regular

I can successfully jailbreak 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 on my iPod touch (pre jan update), but once I do, the keyboard always freezes up and I have to hard reboot. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Also, after I upgraded to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2, I can no longer downgrade to anything lower than 1.1.3. I get errors from iTunes (I think error 2001).

using iTunes 7.6.1 btw

10. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

I think the Keyboard issue occurs if you used NateTrues Jailbreak, i'm not really sure. I suggest restoring, and re-jailbreaking using ZiPhone. With that, nothing is wrong i.e YouTube works great, WiFi, Safari, Photos, iStore Music, Customize, SummerBoard etc.. Also work great. I tried that method (Nate) and the Keyboard happened to me as well. I tried the Keyboard Patch under Tweaks or Utilities in Installer and it worked great until I installed Apollo and that stuffed everything up, now with ZiPhone, i'm fine.

I highly recommend that.

Cheers! (hope it helps) :D:D

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this thread created by the guy who posts DONT JAILBREAK!!!!!!!! IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! laughable

12. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

as i said, my jailbreak worked. this is why this thread was created, now people like you who don't let go of things should let go and stop harassing people who are trying to help others.

Any other questions about JB'ing? is anyone stuck?

Thankyou

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

not so much not being able to drop it as it is you where so jailbreaking doesn't work then all of a sudden when it does work your acting like some go to guy for problems and answers for jailbreaking

14. swearbymac07 thread starter macrumors member

really?

Alot of questions go unanswered in the hacks thread, no need to get sore man, jeez, all i wanna do is help people who encountered my problem and some other worse ones. If I come across that way to you then fine. All I wanna do is help people. There is nothing wrong with that. People don't have to post here if they don't want to.

Thankyou and have a nice day.

15. jbarr macrumors regular

My Jailbreaking Experience:
    I'm currently using v1.1.4 Jailbroken using ZiPhone v2.5, and have had zero problems. I did have one issue when I previously Jailbroke v1.1.3, but a Restore through iTunes recovered it cleanly.

The Poll Question
    As for the poll question, I think there's one choice missing: Would you Jailbreak if an SDK-enabled device could also be Jailbroken concurrently?

Maybe that's worded poorly, but my point is that we tend to see this as an either/or issue. What I'm waiting for is to see if an iPod Touch can BOTH run SDK apps as well as be Jailbroken. To me, THAT would be the best of all worlds. I personally am anxious to see apps coming from the SDK, but I'm not holding my breath, specifically because we don't know what the scope of SDK-developed apps will be, what the cost will be, and what control Apple will impose.

In the mean time, as long as the firmware can be Jailbroken, I will continue to do so. For me, being able to use Wiki2Touch completely and absolutely justifies Jailbreaking.

16. albinoAZN macrumors regular

That's just it, I jailbroke using ZiPhone.. and had the issue. I'll try looking for the Keyboard fix once I re-jailbreak.