jailbreaking 4.1 MC

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Ace134blue, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Ok whats the deal? Several guides, like this http://www.techxilla.com/tag/redsnow-0-9-6-update/, say MC is Jailbreakable (tethered) using redsnow 0.9.6b. When i follow the steps right when it says enter dfu mode, redsnow says waiting for reboot. Why?? Is there a fix?

On a side note, it says OSX X86 only. Im running 64bit. Is this my problem?

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

MC models are not jailbreakable on 4.1.

There is a new jailbreak, which I think will be called Shatter, which is coming out very shortly.

3. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Then why do several guides say MC is a tethered jailbreak?

4. battlekid macrumors regular

A new JailBreak called GreenP0ison is coming out soon. The SHAtter exploit will allow a jailbreak for life for the current models.

www.greenpoison.com

5. celticpride678

The latest version of redsn0w is compatible with the MC model of the iPod touch running iOS 4.1. It is a tethered jailbreak which means every time you want to restart the device, you must plug it into your computer.

When it stays on waiting for reboot for a while, it is usually best to restore the device as a new device in iTunes and jailbreak before putting any content on the device again. You can also try to manually boot it up by pressing the home button and power button together.

6. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

I know its tethered. I tried from a backup and from a new device, but no avail. Everytime it gets stuck on reboot. When i put it on dfu mode again itll run ramdisk, and some other steps but then it says Your device will complete reboot by itself, or something like that. It just shows connect to itunes. And after forcing a reset its just back to normal, no cydia.

7. celticpride678

Are you sure you're pointing to the correct IPSW.

8. Ace134blue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

100% positive, it said to install 4.1 and point redsnow to it. I even tried again with a ipsw i downloaded from another site but no change.