Jailbreaking 4.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Spacecake123, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Spacecake123 macrumors newbie

Right im planning to jailbreak my IPhone 4 (4.2.1) but wanted to ask a few questions first.

What software should I use to do it? I looked on youtube and google and greenpois0n seems to be the best, if so can you send me a link to download the software.

Do I need to backup my Iphone at all before doing it? I read about this somewhere and I dont know where, so no nothing about it so thought it was worth asking if it needs doing, why and how.

Lastly, obviously jailbreaking voids your Apple warranty, but say if something went wrong with my phone and I needed to claim on the warranty when its jailbroken, could I still claim on my warranty if I just restore it to factory settings on iTunes? Because obviously then the phone has been wiped?

I live in the UK if its worth mentioning for whatever reason.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Go to www.Greenpois0n.com to download the software to jailbreak your phone. It is untethered with your IOS.

2. It is good practice to back up your phone at all times in case something go wrong, you still can restore and load all the back up data back to your phone.

3. Just restore it in Itunes and it will erase all the jailbreaking. Apple will not know that your phone has been jailbroken.

3. Spacecake123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers pal, and this applies to those in the Uk too right? (cant see how it would be different) and yeah I just got an understanding of the difference between tethered and untethered.

How will I go about backing up my Iphones data incase something goes wrong?

Also ive been trying to get onto greenpos0n for the past few days but it wont load up saying it takes too long to respond, any other way to download it?

Im using windows xp if its worth mentioning.

4. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

I used pwnagetool and no complaints worth looking into if you have not jb'd yet.

5. Spacecake123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does this work with 4.2.1 no problem? Only problem is all the videos I see on youtube are all about greenpois0n so wouldn't that be better? I just wanna know cause I dont wanna brick my phone.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

First of all, you can't brick your phone with software. Software is always recoverable. Hardware is not.
    Pwnage is only usable for mac users, so you're stuck with greenpoison anyway.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I Jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 using Greenpois0n on my Mac, and it was really really easy and has been working well.

8. Spacecake123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thanks for info, where can I get greenpois0n from because there website wont load and how will I go about backing up my iphone incase anything goes wrong?

9. Spacecake123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just managed to download greenpois0n rc5 if thats the right one? Just need to know how to backup and im good to go, anymore help guys?

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

11. Spacecake123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers I know how to jailbreak it now, I just dont know how to backup my IPhone like I was told to before, any ideas?

12. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I think you should google more to find your answer. If you keep asking the basic questions in here, people will get made, frustrate and end up ignoring you.

Here is the link how to back up your phone;

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/22/how-to-backup-your-iphone/