Jailbreaking a friends 3.0.1 3GS & preserving baseband.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mappyman, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mappyman macrumors regular

A friend wants me to jailbreak his iPhone, hes still running 3.0.1 and never got any of his files backed up into Cydia (also never been jail-broken before). He wants to preserve the baseband for ultrasn0w.

He is on windows so non of the Mac utils will be of any use. I know blackra1n will jailbreak 3.1.2 but it will update the baseband.

How can he jailbreak his virgin 3.0.1 3GS and preserve the baseband on Windows ?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the baseband for 3.0.1 is fine if you use redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0.1, however you will need both 3.0.1 and 3.0 ipsw files I'm sure if you googled iphone firmware download the first website should help you with the files

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Can I give you a tip.

The 3GS is a finicky phone to work with and if you do it wrong, you will have to restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 and it will update the baseband, so your friend will be stuck.

With no disrespect, unless you can afford to buy your friend a replacement unlockable 3GS, you should not be doing this if you are asking these questions.

I forsee you next post starting with "Help".

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I would say it's pretty safe to try if you pay attention to detail.

Here's the tutorial that tells you everything that you need to do and gives you all the links that you need:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4447

Read it through, thoroughly, before you start.