Jailbreaking an iPod Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by h4cky0u, Oct 14, 2007.

1. h4cky0u macrumors member

Are there any "harmful" concepts to jailbreaking an iPod Touch that could be bad for Apple? Really they would have no reason to patch up an iPod Touch because they aren't losing money in any way. Sony only patched the PSP because people pirated games which made Sony lose money. Most of the applications on the iPod use WiFi, and there's no pirating to be used if you jailbreak it. We know jailbreaking an iPhone would make them lose money, but that's a different story. What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: Then again, they would have to make their own firmware for the iPod Touch in order to do this... I didnt think about that :|

2. gardnerv macrumors member

gardnerv

I aggree with you. I think apple as a corporation has a hard choice to make. Either they can let the ipod touch evolve into a wounderful gadget that is like a budget PC, or they can lock it out and sell the apps through itunes probably making more money. If they sell calendar, for like 20 bucks, and everyone that has an ipod (lets just say 100 people buy it) then they make 2000. If they keep it open source, the warranty would still be voided if you were to jailbreak it. so, people would take less of a risk jailbreaking it beacuase they would be scared that 300 dollars would go into a pretty piece of plastic, glass, and metal. I think apple will take the former route beacuase they have moved from making the optimal experience and building a good reputation to making maximum profits. I pray that apple choses the former but its their descion and there will be angry people wich ever way they go.