Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesxm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
I have a new iPhone 4 on Telus that has never been activated and I want to jailbreak and unlock it to use my fido SIM card with.

Is there any way to bypass the activation screen that requires a SIM card so I can unlock it?

Furthermore, if I have to use a telus SIM to activate the phone, can I just borrow a friend's SIM to activate the phone, then put the SIM back in their phone without harm to their device or phone plan?

From there I know to jailbreak it using absinthe and unlock it using SAM, but I need to be able to access the phone first.

Please let me know if and what any problems are with my plan, top to bottom.

thanks!

daudi

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
I have a new iPhone 4 on Telus that has never been activated and I want to jailbreak and unlock it to use my fido SIM card with.

Is there any way to bypass the activation screen that requires a SIM card so I can unlock it?

Furthermore, if I have to use a telus SIM to activate the phone, can I just borrow a friend's SIM to activate the phone, then put the SIM back in their phone without harm to their device or phone plan?

From there I know to jailbreak it using absinthe and unlock it using SAM, but I need to be able to access the phone first.

Please let me know if and what any problems are with my plan, top to bottom.

thanks!

if youriphone is stuck ona ctivations creen, then u can do two things.

1) Jailbreak to activate.
2) use telus official sim to cativate it.

for option 1 you will need Redsn0w to jailbreak that will hacktivate your iphone and you can easily by pass the iphone activation screen.

in option 2, the telus sim can also be used without any problem or harming the contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.