Jailbreaking and 4.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slomifier, Apr 8, 2010.

1. slomifier macrumors regular

I don't know if anything about 4.0 has been leaked yet, but does anyone know if there is any "holes" in the OS or hardware that will allow for it to be jailbroken, or am I going to have to choose between Backgrounding stability, and everything that comes with jailbroken; cause that'd kill me :(

Thanks

2. Chozo macrumors member

After watching the keynote, I don't know what I'd want to jailbreak much for now.

Why would you personally want to jailbreak it?

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

what do you want with all the stuff they shown today they pretty much eliminated my reasons why I jail break today.

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

For me SBSettings and VolumeButtonExtender that lets you play, pause and skip tracks with volune buttons is reason enough to JB.

5. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

the 4.0 updates satisfy about 80% of my desires. but its really nice to see apple working with skype and music programs especially. ill be using my ipod touch as my main phone for a while and see how it works out.

6. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

The only reason to jailbreak now is to multitask (on 1st and 2nd gen phones), or for piracy (which I do not condone). Apart from that, only a few useful apps remain (like SBSettings).

7. Zonz macrumors member

Duh

People still jail-break for the most important reason of all, which has yet to be fixed by apple... using the Iphone on a network besides At&t. Of course no network available when jail-breaking has better coverage than At&t, but many of them are so much cheaper.

8. slomifier thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, I'd use it for SBSettings and apps that simply make the iPod not so restricted. I bought the damn ipod. Why is it that despite this, Im not able to do trivial things like springboard wallpaper or themes? Honestly. If apple doesnt want people to jailbreak their ipods, they should unrestrict them, and stop this 1 theme non-sense. (I believe the theme is call "Simple Conformism" in Cydia. Should check it out)

9. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

iPhone OS 4.0 has already been jailbroken,

A simple google search can show you that.