Jailbreaking.. anyone notice?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bLaZ3n, Aug 15, 2010.

1. bLaZ3n macrumors regular

Anyone notice your phone loads a lot slower after jailbreaking? I have an IPhone 4, and its the first time I have jailbroken one of my IPhones.. and it now feels like its running a lot slower, like I'm using a 3G or something.. :mad:

I think I will just restore to factory settings and call it a day..

or

Is it possible to jailbreak twice? Ive heard you can't do so..

2. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

nope. mines a 32 gig iphone 4. jailbroken. running extremely strong. occasional hiccups here and there but its expected. try rebooting the phone. usually works for me if i feel the phones performance is running subpar.

3. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I didn't notice any difference after I JB. I think it was fast to start with and just as fast after JB. Maybe try to restore to new and try JBing again?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

what do you mean jailbreak twice. rejailbreak sure you can just have to know how to load the correct firmware. I did it yesterday. came home from Apple with exchanged phone on 4.0 jailbroke it then redid it on 4.0.1 where I will stay! jailbreaking isn't for everybody never will be!

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

6. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Everythings been fine for me too. I haven't noticed any slowdown at all and all my apps launch with the same speed as pre-jailbreak.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I will add I think allot of stuff people report stuff in there head. one guys will say it's faster another will say it's slower. better battery life another guy says it sucks. so on and so on. allot also depends on what you add. jailbreaking is not just going to jailbreakme.com then Cydia and start adding apps. you can always try it again latter you just might have to wait for different jailbreak. I would also save your shsh before you unjailbreak, that way you can go back! :D

8. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

You may have left something running in the background like SSH. Restart it, and check what is running.

9. bLaZ3n thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I just restored factory settings, and in the process it upgraded to 4.0.2..

So I guess I will be waiting for a new jailbreak, or is downgrading possible?

:confused:

10. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

If you got your 4.0.1 SHSH on file in Cydia, you can downgrade. Otherwise, nope. :)

11. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

12. Nick0912 macrumors member

I know my shsh is saved on cydia's server and on my desktop but how do you downgrade using the files saved on cydia?

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

easiest way Tiny Umbrella do a Google search Iclraified will have your tutorials.

14. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

probably. lots of dumb posts by first timers, so its more chance its your fault than the jailbreak actually being slow - which it isnt.

15. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

16. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

i just jailbroke my phone....NO problems with it what so ever in terms of speed and boot up. Pretty much exactly the same time to start up as i did when i took it out of the box.

The only difference is the little lines on the top of the screen from the jailbreaking process.

Did you JB on a fresh install? I always restore my phone to a fresh state and JB from there...then install my apps. I ALWAYS setup my phone as new...never restore from a backup in itunes.

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

good deal, hopefully this one will work just right !

18. wellbid macrumors newbie

I compared opening apps on my Iphone4 (jailbroken) to my wifes iphone4 (not jailbroken) and there is definitely a difference.

Her apps open faster and load faster.

examples
    App store loads about 5 seconds slower
    Camera loads about 2-3 seconds slower
    flixster loads about 5 seconds slower
    facebook loads about 5 seconds slower

I know its not a huge difference but it has me thinking about restoring.

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It's been said before, jailbreaking's not for everybody.

20. Katanae macrumors member

My Phone takes nowhere near 5 seconds to load the app store...

21. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

My JB iPhone 4 takes about 4 seconds to fully load the App Store app if it's not in the multitasking tray.

22. FragTek macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed a noticeable decrease in speed after jailbreaking, and I have a ton of hacks and tweaks done to my phone, as well as a lot of Winterboard garbage.

I think the only thing that seems slightly slower to me is the initial bootup process, once booted in everything is very snappy, just like always!