jailbreaking apps

davidhawkins123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
England
i'm new to jailbreaking and would like some advice on what apps i should install, other than the commen winterboard, sbsettings

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
iblacklist
lockinfo
quick reply for sms or bite sms
five icon dock
makeitmine
mytones

just to name a few of my favorites
You can also search around these threads and look for what people posted already

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
Just FYI I had some major battery issues that was
related to SBSsettings. Great program but for some reason was draining battery too much.

MyWi
My3G
Unlimtones
Signal

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
Just FYI I had some major battery issues that was
related to SBSsettings. Great program but for some reason was draining battery too much.

MyWi
My3G
Unlimtones
Signal
How do you know it was SBsettings draining the battery? This is the first I hear of this.

jack66

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
is there any difference between 3G Unrestrictor and my3g?

throw in winterboard into the apps list

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
is there any difference between 3G Unrestrictor and my3g?

throw in winterboard into the apps list
I was wondering the same thing... I think My3G is the first one that is facetime compatible, besides that, I'm not sure of the differences.

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
unlimtones gets you all free ringtones and mytones lets you manage and delete your ringtones. Mytones also lets you create your own tones out of your itunes music, haven't used it in a while though cause it was buggy last time i used it

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
How do you know it was SBsettings draining the battery? This is the first I hear of this.
Actually its in a few other threads.
I restored my phone because I was having major battery issues. I reinstalled all of the apps that I had before except SBSettings and lockinfo and my battery is back to normal. I'm pretty sure it's not lockinfo because many other people are using it and don't seem to have the battery drain issue. However many people who are having issues with battery also have SBsettings installed.
While not scientific proof it does seem that it was SBsettings that was causing my excessive battery drain.

There may have been some other issue that in combination with SBsettings caused the battery drain issue, but restoring my phone and installing everything except as SBsettings seems to have cured it.

gravytrain84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
LA
Actually its in a few other threads.
I restored my phone because I was having major battery issues. I reinstalled all of the apps that I had before except SBSettings and lockinfo and my battery is back to normal. I'm pretty sure it's not lockinfo because many other people are using it and don't seem to have the battery drain issue. However many people who are having issues with battery also have SBsettings installed.
While not scientific proof it does seem that it was SBsettings that was causing my excessive battery drain.

There may have been some other issue that in combination with SBsettings caused the battery drain issue, but restoring my phone and installing everything except as SBsettings seems to have cured it.
Damn I hope that isnt the case for me, that is my favorite and most used JB app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.