Jailbreaking Best OS Options

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wicked1, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, I have been using Cydia with Icy on my iphone which I connect to my MacBook uMB with no problems, works excellent.

My co-worker wants to JB his iphone 3GS as well but he uses a Windows 7 Laptop, so which is the best JB OS software that will work on Windows 7.

Also not that I have researched this much, but what is the difference with all the different version on Mac OS as well, I know there is Cydia, RedSn0w, BlackRa1n etc etc.

Is the software you use just preference?

2. ethical macrumors 68000

The software you use depends on what phone/iPod you have, and what you want to do with it. i.e. whether you just want to jailbreak, or whether you want to jailbreak and unlock (use another network).

When did your co-worker buy his iPhone? Because I think the latest release of iPhones are not yet crackable.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

We need to know what model of iPhone your co-worker has and, if it is an iPhone 3GS, what week it was manufactured in. Without knowing that, we can't really make a recommendation.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

ask him for the serial number, and post it here. this way we can tell you if you should or should not jailbreak it. and if you shouldn't, we'll tell you why and you can have him read our posts.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Don't post whole serial #, just first five characters.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

As long as you promise not to become hysterical and tell him jailbreaking his iPhone will kill him.

7. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

He has a 16GB Black 3GS purchased in July same as mine but one month later, we have same version etc and I am using Cydia with Icy, with my phone connecting to my uMB.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Since your co-worker has the older version of iBoot, he should definitely jailbreak using PwnageTool. If he does not have access to a Mac, he can wait a bit for the new version of redsn0w to be released.