Jailbreaking.... debatable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by peterphamm, Jun 6, 2011.

1. peterphamm macrumors newbie

I have only ever tried jailbreaking once and that was with my iPod touch 1g, that unfortunately got stuck on the Apple logo part of the start up annd died.... and I have been off jailbreaking ever since! Too much to worry about, like voiding warranty and what not.

Recently I have been reading around and many people say that you can 'unjailbreak' by simply restoring your iPhone. aaand with the new iOS being launched in the fall, I don't think I can wait that long to get new notifications and stuff. Could jailbreaking satisfy those needs? I just want things that should have always been in the iOS like 'Mobile Notifier' notifications, lockscreen info, sb settings, and just other really simple tweaks (oh and free apps, lul).

Since I have such bad luck with jailbreaking, should I even attempt to jailbreak my iPhone? or should I just wait until the fall and suffer these intrusive notifications...................

ps. If I do jailbreak my iPhone, any suggestions on some cool tweaks?

2. Vee_dub macrumors newbie

Go for it. Jailbreaking is not for everyone, but for some, including me, it is absolute worth the "risks" that people usually (and often mistakenly) associate with it. Even with iOS5 right around the corner with some great features that should have been included a looong time ago, I don't think I could ever go back to a stock iOS.

As for finding great tweaks, there are plenty of threads that cover that topic, just use the search function.

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

At this point you can't really brick an idevice, even if you tried. It's really next to impossible. That risk is seriously a thing of the past.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I love jb but not everybody does. do some searching and you will find allot of info why,how,what. you will also find threads like this one. youtube is fool of video's. I think part of the fun is learning but that's me. I high;y recommend reading stickies up top they will provide a good start.