Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaisyLove

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Hey guys, I just bought my new iPhone 3GS with an official contract from Bell (Canada) a few hours ago! :D
Could anyone help me with the steps to jailbreak it? It is a week 44 iPhone 3GS so I know it will be tethered. I have downloaded Blackra1n onto my Windows XP laptop already.
Do I have to do anything specific when I first plug in the iPhone to my computer to sync with iTunes?
E.X.: Not downloading updates for the iPhone, not syncing music, backing up files, etc?
Any help would be appreciated! :)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hey guys, I just bought my new iPhone 3GS with an official contract from Bell (Canada) a few hours ago! :D
Could anyone help me with the steps to jailbreak it? It is a week 44 iPhone 3GS so I know it will be tethered. I have downloaded Blackra1n onto my Windows XP laptop already.
Do I have to do anything specific when I first plug in the iPhone to my computer to sync with iTunes?
E.X.: Not downloading updates for the iPhone, not syncing music, backing up files, etc?
Any help would be appreciated! :)

Go to iClarified or Hackintosh for a tutorial

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I second that, but I also would add that you should start by reading the sticky threads at the top of this page and my Tethered Jailbreak FAQ before you actually jailbreak. Make sure you understand not just the steps to do it, but what each of those steps does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.