Jailbreaking help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hMMSTER, Feb 26, 2011.

1. hMMSTER macrumors newbie

Okay, so, I'm trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g to get some free games.
    Now, I downloaded Greenpois0n, but the thing is, it refuses to see that my iPhone is in DFU mode, so it won't let me press the jailbreak button.
    What should I do?

2. jdaniel, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011

jdaniel macrumors 65816

As far as I understand it.. greenpoison the one I use anyways basically u can click jailbreak even when theres no phone connected to it. and pressing jailbreak basically is (n) just a timer to help u get ur phone into dfu mode.

IF it doesnt do it for u.... (and if u) follow the instructions EXACTLY timed u should be able to get ur phone into DFU, THEN it will recognize and do its thing.

I spotted what....2 typos? big freaking deal.. u know.. extrapolate from the context and fill in the blanks?

3. Annerz macrumors regular

4. hMMSTER thread starter macrumors newbie

....What?
    I really didn't understand your poor english there, but my phone IS in DFU, I know how to get it out & in of DFU without a problem.
    And with the newest GreenPoison version, it just says "Waiting for DFU" if it's not in DFU mode, andit just stays like that even though mine is in DFU.

EDIT: I've googled a bit, and I thought that Redsn0w was mac only?
    If not, can you give me a untethered windows download link?

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Greenpois0n only works for 3GS and Iphone 4. So, if you have 3G, use Redsn0w or pwnage.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Like i said earlier, Greenpois0n will not work with 3G, you will have to use redsn0w or pwnage. Iclarified.com is where you should go for your tutorial need as well as tools for you to jailbreak your phone.

7. jdaniel macrumors 65816

To the op: just coz I typed it real quick in an attempt to help you......doesnt mean you can diss my English, I am probably more educated than you are. :p I just do not check what I type too well.

But really greepoison doesnt work with 3GS? Interesting. Should have done more research op before attempting. AND even if you had the iphone4, you probably have to go thru the motions of the greenpoison 'timer'. If you are such a pro... you would have known that GP isnt for 3GS...(if that is true) and you probably dont even have it in DFU mode right.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Hi Jdaniel,

Greenpois0n works for 3GS. your post here said it does not work for 3GS. I did not said so though. OP has 3G and therefore, he can't use greenpois0n.

9. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Ah right 3G my bad