iPhone Jailbreaking iOS 6.1.4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LadyX, Jul 29, 2013.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I want to jailbreak my iPhone 5 but it's running the latest software which is iOS 6.1.4. The problem is, I can't find a jailbreaking tool that can jailbreak an iPhone running the latest firmware. It seems like the only way to do so is by downgrading to 6.1.3, or could I actually jailbreak without having to downgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. carlos mara macrumors newbie

Jailbreak only support from 6.0 to 6.1.2

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk 2

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Jailbreaking iOS 6.1.4

Oh I had no idea there's no jailbreak for 6.1.3 as well. Ok, if I downgrade to that, when iOS 7 comes out, how do I install it? OTA or via iTunes? And will I lose everything on my iPhone if I installed iOS 7 on a jailbroken iPhone?

4. cyda macrumors newbie

You cant downgrade. Your iphone is stuck on 6.1.4. You can only hope that a jailbreak for this version comes out.
    sorry

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

There was a window of opportunity a few days ago but I highly doubt Apple will open up their Servers to allow for lower firmwares to be again installed on their iDevices.

6. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Jailbreaking iOS 6.1.4

What?! I can't downgrade/jailbreak?? This sucks. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with what I have. Did Apple block something so as not to have people jailbreaking their iDevices? Because I remember when a new iOS gets released there would be a jailbreak out a few days later. I guess Apple is making it harder this time.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That was over 3 years ago when there was a JB days after a new ios release. There was bootrom exploits and untethered jailbreaks for life. But those good days are over. Apple keeps making JB harder with every new hardware and software release.

8. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

9. LadyX, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013

LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

I don't understand. Why are they making it harder? It's not illegal to jailbreak an iPhone, except if you're jailbreaking an iPad, then that is. I'm bored of how my iPhone looks and I just want to install a new theme and some tweaks.

I can't wait till iOS 7 comes out, it looks really nice.

10. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

The jailbreak people are saving known exploits for iOS 7. Every version of iOS has been jailbroken within 6months of its release, so you'll have to be patient.

If you need to jailbreak now, then trade down to an iPhone 4 or 3GS.

11. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Here's a thought, add me to your ignore list or just skip over my posts. K?

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Lets stay on topic, if you do not want to answer or help the OP, then don't post. Its not your job to tell someone not to post.