iPad Jailbreaking iPad 2 on 5.1.1 problems

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blizeH, Sep 5, 2012.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Sep 3, 2009
    Hi guys, I've just updated my iPad to 5.1.1 (damn you BBC iPlayer!) and tried to use redsn0w to jailbreak, it kept returning an error, that upon Googling it seemed a restore would fix.

I restored my device, and set it up as a new one, as recommended by a number of sites - ran the jailbreak software, and it was fine. I was then told to restore to a backup, which I did... but now, just as I expected, I have no Cydia icon!

Is there a way around this short of setting it up as a new device and losing all of my app data? Thanks
  2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

Oct 13, 2010
    Restoring a backup should not effect cydia.

You can try restoring your backup to a stock 5.1.1 and than jailbreak with absinthe 2.04 instead of redsn0w
  3. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 3, 2009
    Thank you very much for the response, I have no idea why the restore got rid of Cydia then! Although doing a jailbreak from a fresh restore (with all of my data etc still in tact) seemed to work thankfully using redsn0w... Absinthe crashed for me both before, and after the restore :(
  4. dhlizard macrumors G4

Mar 16, 2009
    The Jailbreak Community
    Sounds like you are confusing restoring to a backup and restoring the firmware on the iPad.