Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS help!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gen.matt, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gen.matt macrumors newbie

Hey all,

First time jailbreaking and I've encountered a problem. Firstly, I am an AT&T customer so I figured I wouldnt need to unlock my phone since I already have the carrier.

Anyhow, the jailbreaking went smoothly, I was able to get cydia and Installous and download apps, but I can't make phone calls. I have no service now. I've googled searched the crap out of this problem but I still can't find a solution. I really don't want to have to restore to the back up and re-jailbreak unless i absolutely have to. Does anyone know where I went wrong?

according to the phone it says firmware is: 4.3.3 and the baseband is 05.16.02

2. gen.matt thread starter macrumors newbie

well i'm super thrilled that 80+ people viewed this and couldnt even give me an "i'm not sure, sorry".

in any event it was because i forgot to put redsn0w in compatibility mode (to Windows XP Service Pack 3). hope that helps any PC users in the future. :D

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

your problem was bringing up Installous it's against forum rules since the purpose of Installous is pirating. Also many of us are against pirating even though we jailbreak. Most of us go to the next thread when we see Installous mentioned. Also in most cases searching is faster then asking. also having a sharp attitude will get you know where in the future.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you had taken the time to read forum rules, you'd understand that although we are jailbreakers and rebel (for lack of a better word) against the closed nature of Apple's operating system, we are not pirates and do not support pirating. Installous is pirating because it steals from Apple's App Store, and many do not respond to threads when Installous is mentioned because it is against forum policy and we'd rather not get involved.

On a brighter note, I'm glad you got your phone working and... Welcome to Macrumors. :D

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.