jailbreaking iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pound4pound30, Nov 22, 2009.

1. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

I have always jailbroken my ipod touch's but I just finally got the iphone 3gs 16gb and was wondering if/when I jailbreak this does it lose its warranty?

If it does lose its warranty and say something were to happen to the phone could I just restore it to original settings before i brought it back to at&t or apple with them not know that i have jailbroken it before?

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

.[​IMG]

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Yes it voids the warranty

Usually yes. If the phone freezes at a customised boot-up screen and won't restore, you have a problem, but that's very rare. If you don't use a custom boot logo, you don't have that problem.

4. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

whats a custom boot logo?

so its pretty much worry free to jailbreak it then?

5. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Don't know about worry free. There can be issues. Sounds like you need to fire up Google and do some reading so you understand at least slightly what you are getting into so your next post doesn't start with "Help".

Hint: Many of the the posts in here are generally related to JB issues and problems

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its the logo you see when you boot the phone, except its custom. :D

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

To clarify, if you jailbreak using PwnageTool in Simple Mode it will replace the apple boot logo with a Pwnapple logo. If you use expert mode, you have the option to change the Pwnapple to your own logo or to use the default Apple logo. Blackra1n doesn't change your boot logo.