Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pound4pound30

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
I have always jailbroken my ipod touch's but I just finally got the iphone 3gs 16gb and was wondering if/when I jailbreak this does it lose its warranty?

If it does lose its warranty and say something were to happen to the phone could I just restore it to original settings before i brought it back to at&t or apple with them not know that i have jailbroken it before?

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I have always jailbroken my ipod touch's but I just finally got the iphone 3gs 16gb and was wondering if/when I jailbreak this does it lose its warranty? Per Apple-Yes

If it does lose its warranty and say something were to happen to the phone could I just restore it to original settings before i brought it back to at&t or apple with them not know that i have jailbroken it before? Yes
icon14.gif

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
I have always jailbroken my ipod touch's but I just finally got the iphone 3gs 16gb and was wondering if/when I jailbreak this does it lose its warranty?

Yes it voids the warranty

If it does lose its warranty and say something were to happen to the phone could I just restore it to original settings before i brought it back to at&t or apple with them not know that i have jailbroken it before?

Usually yes. If the phone freezes at a customised boot-up screen and won't restore, you have a problem, but that's very rare. If you don't use a custom boot logo, you don't have that problem.

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
whats a custom boot logo?

so its pretty much worry free to jailbreak it then?

Don't know about worry free. There can be issues. Sounds like you need to fire up Google and do some reading so you understand at least slightly what you are getting into so your next post doesn't start with "Help".

Hint: Many of the the posts in here are generally related to JB issues and problems

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Its the logo you see when you boot the phone, except its custom. :D

To clarify, if you jailbreak using PwnageTool in Simple Mode it will replace the apple boot logo with a Pwnapple logo. If you use expert mode, you have the option to change the Pwnapple to your own logo or to use the default Apple logo. Blackra1n doesn't change your boot logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.