Jailbreaking iPhone 4 - iOS 5 GM Version - Mac OSX - Preserve Baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vteck2005, Oct 7, 2011.

1. vteck2005 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I was wondering how I could jailbreak my iOS 5 (GM ... and I guess the official release) while preserving my baseband. I know it is possible with snow breeze on windows. But then you have to boot in tethered mode every time you restart.

I have a mac, and can get a PC to jailbreak my iPhone. I need to preserve the baseband because I am using a Gevey Sim; Rogers (Canada) iPhone on AT&T. Apparently the newest beta versions of iOS 5 don't support the Gevey unlock.

I can get my jailbreak done on windows for one time, but the problem is if i have to restart can i use redsnow to boot in tethered mode since ibooty isn't a mac program. This won't affect my baseband will it?

Thanks,

2. tehreflex macrumors 6502

I upgraded to iOS 5 GM and was able to preserve my BB by using snowbreeze and my osx86 install of Lion. Installed iTunes Beta 9 and worked like a charm.

http://i.imgur.com/2TRB6.png

3. luismcy macrumors newbie

how do you do it man?? please explain me

4. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Looking at tehreflex's pic, signal problem still persists in iOS 5 due to preserved baseband.

5. vteck2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

So if you had to reboot the phone, could you use the redsnow application to boot in tethered mood and still keep the preserved baseband?

6. vteck2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jailbreak with snowbreeze initially to preserve baseband ....

Boot in tethered mood with redsnow ....

Still keep baseband ????

7. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I believe sn0wbreeze is Windows only. But you would use it to create a custom ipsw and dfu restore the iphone with that custom ipsw

8. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Yes, that is what you need to do. It will preserve your 04.10.01 baseband.

9. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

Ive never jailbroken before but was thinking about it for iOS5 with my Gevey SIM..

if I do it on a windows, and get it to work well, does it mean if I ever have to restart my phone or something I will have to reconnect to a friends PC?

I've never jailbroken so idk how it works? Can I still sync my iPhone through iTunes like normal (on my mac)? I essentially want my phone to stay the same just to be able to keep using my Gevey.:eek:

10. n8236 macrumors 65816

+1 for OP. But one thing was neglected...this is tethered JB.

11. GettrightPRO macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry to jump in here,

it seems like everyone is succeeding at upgrading to ios 5.0 and preserving their baseband at 04.10.01 or earlier. I've been trying and keep running into 'unknown error 11' in itunes. anyone have this issue or know of a fix?

ps. i read that this error has something to with an extracted baseband file within the 'custom' ispw that im trying to restore to. :mad: