Jailbreaking iPhone 4 on ios 4.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by VTAb182, Nov 24, 2010.

1. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I've been looking around the web trying to get a straight answer to this question but I've been confused at what i've read. Can you jailbreak the iphone 4 with the new ios 4.2 firmware? and If so, what program would I use? I don't need to worry about unlocking because i'm on AT&T. Thanks!

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Use latest version of Redsnow. It's going to be a tethered JB.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not official tool yet, Redsn0w will jailbreak it, but it is tethered and most app are still being update for 4.2.1 support so waiting would be advisable

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I upgraded yesterday (baseband doesn't really matter to me, I'll likely be able to unlock it before I sell the phone in June) and let me tell you, it's a crap shoot. Hardly any jb stuff works.

Bitesms quickreply works (thank god) on beta 5.1 but the quickcompose causes safe mode to come on.

Tetherme works fine, fortunately. I think I'm gonna tough 4.2.1 out till it gets better because I like airplay and AirPrint so much. I need to tether at least once a week so if tetherme didn't work I'd be back on 4.1. Don't even try installing mywi, it crashed upon required reboot and I had to restore.

But no lockinfo, sbsettings, and a ton of other things I used all the time on 4.0 and 4.1.

Unless you have time and/or patience hold off another week or two.

5. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I also use tetherme about once a week, but also love sbsettings...im just going to try to be patient and wait it out.

6. trev macrumors 6502

@ maturola:

I'm only interested in redsn0w... Is what your saying true for Baseband05.15.04?

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Redsnow is for JBing. Has nothing to do with the ability to baseband = unlock. That's Ultrasnow.

8. trev macrumors 6502

Ok, then re-read my post and replace redsn0w with unltrasn0w :)

9. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

You don't see how ultrasn0w has nothing to do with redsn0w?

It doesn't matter if we re-read your post and switch the terms you're still not getting the point.

10. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

To answer your latent question:

we have no news vis-a-vis an unlock for baseband 05.15.04.

when it happens, you'll know because AppleJuiced, or Maturola or someone else who keeps up with the news will usually let us know. Very quickly.

Not that that will stop the plethora of questions regarding this issue.