jailbreaking iphone 5 and data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by napoleonpp, Apr 22, 2013.

1. napoleonpp macrumors newbie

I am going to get either an iPhone 4S or 5 here in about two hours. I currently have a iPhone 4, which is cracked badly on the front and back. I was eligible for an upgrade last March with Verizon, who unfortunately doesn't offer unlimited data anymore. I am extremely interested in jailbreaking it as soon as I get it. If I jailbreak it and tether internet to my iPad will it be using the data that I have on my plan? Also would you guys recommend me jailbreak it or not? Also what site would you recommend me go to to jailbreak it? Thanks in advance.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You're going to tether your wifi only iPad to your iPhone? It will use the data from your iPhone plan, but beware because carrier's can see if that's happening and send you warnings eventually.

Also, keep in mind that you can only jailbreak if the phone arrives with version 6.1.2 or lower. If it comes with 6.1.3 installed, you're out of luck and cannot jailbreak.

The only site/source of iOS 6 jailbreak is Evasi0n.com

3. napoleonpp thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that's what I am looking to do. Dang that sucks, thanks for the warning. I'm assuming they'll come out with a new jailbreak for it eventually right? Are they a lot more games for jailbroke phones? I will be deploying in a few days and interested the games as one of the primary reasons.

4. 5kylar macrumors member

5kylar

Nobody is working on a Jailbreak currently. There are lots of exploits being claimed by various people but they all say they are gunna wait til iOS7 to use them unfortunately. But ya as far as games go, you can get emulators that let you play any game on pretty well any console up to a Playstation. (so nes snes gb/gbc/gba n64 sega) Hope this helps you :)