Jailbreaking iPod Touch 1st Gen with 2.2 software

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ZapTap, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ZapTap macrumors newbie

can anyone help me out?

I am a total n00b at this kind of thing, so please give me step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow (as much as possible)

2. ZapTap thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for double post, but to add some detail, I have Vista home premium and I've tried QuickPwn, but it won't let me see th firmware bundle anywhere and it's showing my iPod as a camera

3. samsam480 macrumors newbie

I got same exact problem

dude, i got the same thing
    I dont know why this is happening either.

ty for posting

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

download quickpwn and it has step by step instructions.... no need for a guide, as for iPod showing as camera that is probably because you have taken pictures of your iPod via home and power button being pressed together.

also do you have a new iPod or one of the 1st generation iPods? because the newer ones cannot be jailbroken yet

5. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I just tried a 1st gen with 2.2 and Quickpwn says it worked but after everything it is hanging on the apple icon, and every once in awhile it makes that noise that it makes when you plug it in.

6. ZapTap thread starter macrumors newbie

once I plug it in, I click the arrow, and then my firmware bundle seems to not be anywhere

I dled one from a website, but it says "Firmware Error String"

EDIT: I tried going to the location in the tutorial, but it doesn't exist and Vista is denying me access to the documents and settings in general

EDIT again: I'm using ZiPhone instead, but how do I back up my iPod?

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

DO NOT use ziphone last I heard it only worked upto firmware 1.1.4/5

quickpwn is the best method, try downloading the firmware again instead put it on your desktop and manually browse to it

8. ZapTap thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that at multiple places, including the iPod Software update and it always says the same thing