Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guywhatever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Hi, I'm getting an iPod Touch 3rd gen for Christmas (it's lying in another room all alone :( ) And I've been reading about hacks and jailbreaking it. The blackrain jailbreak works for it? I can't seem to find anyone who have stated that it works with the iPod Touch 8gb 3rd gen. If anyone could answer this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Run BR, once it freezes or whatever or your IPT3 shuts off, run BR again and your IPT3 should boot.

Thats just what ive read from geohots twitter...

guywhatever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
I see... Ok so after I do that, it'll stay jailbroken or do I have to do it every time I turn it on? That is another thing that confused me.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I see... Ok so after I do that, it'll stay jailbroken or do I have to do it every time I turn it on? That is another thing that confused me.

Your phone will always be jailbroken unless you update to an official firmware. Once youre done and you see cydia on your IPT3 make sure you uninstall BR.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
It doesn't work with iPod 8gb 3gen, it is a different model. Geohot said he's through messing with blackrain so it looks like your out of luck like me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.