JailBreaking JailBreakers...... Is it cool?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dOjOb, Apr 3, 2012.

1. dOjOb macrumors newbie

dOjOb

Hey you guys. Mac newbie here.
    I've read articles on jailbreaking. I'm sooooo new to the MAC World, however I found the process and end result very exciting and cool.
    So my question to all of you seasoned MAC users is.... Is Jailbreaking a cool thing to do, or should I just skip/ignore this one altogether...... Feed backs and advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks for reading and answering.

>:)

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Cool doesn't matter to me. I JB'ed because it allowed me to do what I wanted. No idea where you need to go if you want to to know if it's "cool" or not. However, if you want more info, the hacking subforums (not sure why this in the Mac Apps subforum as you don't JB Macs) are the place to look.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

1. You don't jailbreak Mac OS X because admin account can do pretty much everything root can do.

2. You don't do anything because it's cool.

3. Jailbreak is useful for my iPhone to add tethering. I don't even bother JB my iPad.

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

If you don't know exactly why you want to jailbreak, it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I haven't found a reason to Jailbreak yet. I don't know if it's cool or not.

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It's completely cool to jailbreak.

Do it now!! Or everyone will think you're a dork.

Don't worry for one moment that it helps to know what you're doing when you JB or you could spend a lot of time fixing things.

Do it NOW!!

Only old farts, no-nothings, and the terminally uncool don't jailbreak.

It's cool, man.:cool: