Jailbreaking jailbroken 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by southcamp, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcamp macrumors newbie

So, here's a question: I can't wait for untetherned jailbreak for 4.2.1 to come out. So, I've been thinking to jailbreak it with the current tetherened one. My primary goal is to install hackoulous package and install installous.

Now, once the untetherned jailbreak comes out, would I be able to simply rejailbreak it? Would it be just as a simple update? Will I lose any programs that I have downloaded from Cydia or installous?

2. koollectablz macrumors 6502

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Talk about cracked apps and installous are not allowed on this forum, read the rules.

As for "updating" to untethered JB' no one will really know until the untethered JB comes out. Some such "updates" in the past have been as simple as rerunning the new JB over the old one, but there's no guarantee that's how it will be with 4.2.1. In fact, I suspect an untethered JB this time around might involve cooking custom firmware with pwnage tool and restoring to it. Really hoping that's not the case, as last time I tried pwnage tool, that was a real pain in the butt!

4. southcamp thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, didn't realize the no crack talk rule.

Any indication on when to expect the proper jailbreak?

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

nope, no one can predict the future. Were all sitting and waiting patiently...kinda

6. milamber macrumors regular

Dude if you can afford to buy an iPad you can afford to buy apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.