iPhone Jailbreaking Mac iPhone in a windows?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bohemianboy, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bohemianboy macrumors newbie

I have a iPhone 5 with 6.0 and back home I sync with my MacBook. I won't have access to it for another week, is it possible to use it to restore as a 6.1 using a borrowed windows pc, jailbreak it, use my iCloud backup to set it up, then continuing to use it with my Mac as usual? I remember a couple of iPhones ago when we changed it from windows to Mac you had to restore, and I'm worried about a 6.1.1 by the time I get home. Hope it wasn't too consuming!

2. Darkhrse99 macrumors regular

I think you may have a problem getting the new pc to recognize your iPhone, but if you can find a way to mate it to the Pc, then you should be able to switch back and forth between computers.

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

You will have no problems. Only thing is, you will lose all your media files from your phone such as songs, custom ringtones, etc.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No problem.

If itunes is needed it can be installed on a different PC. You can sync up to 5 different Macs's/PC's. This is done in itunes, store menu: Authorize computer.

Use iCloud to make a backup of your device.

You can update via PC/itunes or OTA and than jailbreak if it takes too long.