Jailbreaking my iPhone 4, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Booju16, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Booju16 macrumors member

And how will it effect my relationship with apple?

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Worth? Jailbreaking cost nothing. Go for it, if you don't like it then restore it back to factory settings.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

He, he, Apple will still love you... ;)

4. gta50419 macrumors 6502

5. ulbador, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It makes Apple hate you. Totally not worth it.

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I have mine jailbroken right now. Mostly for the fun of it. It voids your warranty, but I have heard that if you restore before you take it in to Apple they can't tell.

7. jmo1116 macrumors regular

What is this forum coming to??? Haha I have no clue what this thread is about. Your relationship with Apple?...Ok.

8. mtnbkr macrumors newbie

My iPhone is on the network at work. Will there be security issues if I jb it? Also, where are the easiest instructions on how to jb for a technically unsophisticated guy? I have an iPhone 4 with the latest OS. Thanks.

9. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

I'm pretty sure some workplaces have a policy against Jailbreaking, and if they catch you (with some sort of enterprise level checking), you may find yourself jobless.

10. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

If it can get you in trouble at work, then no, I wouldn't do it. But is it worth it if you won't get into trouble? You bet. Put it this way, if I couldn't jailbreak, I wouldn't have an iPhone. Jailbreaking allows you to fill in most of the gaps that apple missed. If you decide on jailbreaking, some of the more popular jailbreak apps are, sbsettings, lockinfo, bitesms, categories, 5 icon dock, mxtube, my3g, and I blacklist. There's a lot more, but those are some of the more popular ones. I especially like bitesms. Also, I dont really experience any "slowing down" of my phone.