jailbreaking newbie

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by matsundinn, Aug 10, 2008.

1. matsundinn macrumors member

Hi guys im new to this whole jailbreaking thing but I was going to jailbreak my new iphone tomorrow or whenever the new installer 4.0 comes out

so what kind of applications will be available on installer and hows the overall stability of it?

theres no permanent damage or anything that can be done by doing the process wrong right? at the very worst I can just restore my iphone on itunes..?

any other information would be great

thanks in advance

2. nozebleed macrumors 6502

Installer 4.0 is nothing like the installer you are/were used to. if you want that jb 1.1.4. there is virtually nothing for installer, and imo there wont be with the success of the app store.

3. matsundinn thread starter macrumors member

are there a lot of apps available on cydia currently, and will there be alot on the upcoming installer?

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

the apps on cydia are mostly apps that were on installer. you'll be able to get some apps both ways, some on only one or the other.

mmi has a list of current apps ported to 2.0. nothing very compelling so far, in my book.

BiteSMS
    BookReader
    Boss Prefs
    BossTool
    BootNeuter
    Customize
    Flashlight
    Insomnia
    Intelliscreen
    Jokes
    iReboot
    Lighttpd
    Macman
    Make it Mine
    Metronome
    MiVTones (formely VideosTone)
    Mobile Terminal
    MxTube
    NES (Updated to 2.3.0)
    OpenSSH
    Poof
    PowerTool
    Quake4iPhone
    SwapTunes
    Temper4iPhone
    TiVo Remote
    WinterBoard
    3proxy

5. mohicanspap macrumors regular

If you do get any problems just restore your phone but if you brick your phone you are pretty muched F*%$ed