jailbreaking offical unlocked iphones!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vetteholic, Mar 14, 2009.

1. vetteholic macrumors newbie

hii

i have iphone 3g offical unlocked (2.2.1) ( i cant update the software via itunes) and i want to know if i jailbreak my iphone will my iphone be locked after jailbreaking or i can use the calls and update software via itunes without any problems? anyone tried with offical unlocked please advise as i heard alot of people jailbreaked their offical unlocked iphone and it came locked after jailbreaking? :mad:
    and which program i use to jailbreak pwnage or quickpwn?

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

My understanding is that you CAN update an officially unlocked phone via iTunes and it will stay unlocked.

To jailbreak, use QuickPwn.

If everything goes horribly wrong, you can always restore in iTunes.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If it is a truely unlocked iphone, you can restore it and jailbreak it all you want and it is still unlocked forever. But if any of your friend's "officially unlocked iphones" got relocked it's cause they were never officially unlocked in the first place. So you have nothing to worry about. :)

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I did jailbreak my cousin's iphone 3g which he brought and use in Hong Kong, he visit here in Hawaii and using tmobile service with the original sim card from HK, I jailbreak it with quickpwn 2.2 and it is still working fine with tmobile.

5. BNZ1 macrumors regular

I have a vodafone NZ unlocked 3G that shipped with 2.0. I have updated through every version to 2.2.1 and JB'd on a few firmwares (including currently on 2.2.1). I have never had an issue with sim's or activation etc.