Jailbreaking question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Jul 12, 2009.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I just JB'd my 3GS with Purplera1n. Simple as ever, took about 5 minutes, and the results are great (I especially love the themes). My question is this:

When the next version of the iPhone firmware is released (and when a JB is developed for it - I know it takes time and not to upgrade until a new JB is developed) will upgradeing to the new firmware and "re"jailbreaking it require me to reinstall all the Cydia apps and themes or are they somehow backed up and restorable?

By the time that happens I will probably have forgotten everything I added through Cydia.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

3. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

When you upgrade and re-jailbreak your phone you will have to reinstall all your jailbreak content or at least this is the way it has always been in the past.

itunes would backup your appstore apps and other official synced content only.

4. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Guess I have to keep a list. :( Thanks. I thought/hoped maybe that everything stayed on the phone during the upgrade then when it was rejailbroken it would come right back because it was still there.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

theres a program called aptbackup that backs up jailbreak apps
    you could look into that

6. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11