iPad Jailbreaking Retina Mini - doesn't work, never gets past Apple logo

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I just tried jailbreaking my Retina Mini (7.0.4, Wifi+Cellular model) and it shows the Apple logo for a few seconds, then goes dark, and then repeats over and over ad infinitum. I did a restore and tried again - same thing. I used evasi0n 1.0.2. They say it's compatible but it appears not to be. If anyone can direct me to a solution, I'd appreciate it.

wordsworth03

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
I just tried jailbreaking my Retina Mini (7.0.4, Wifi+Cellular model) and it shows the Apple logo for a few seconds, then goes dark, and then repeats over and over ad infinitum. I did a restore and tried again - same thing. I used evasi0n 1.0.2. They say it's compatible but it appears not to be. If anyone can direct me to a solution, I'd appreciate it.
It's still buggy. I have tried over 10 times without success. Anyone else that was able to do it has been lucky

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yup pod2g is aware of it. As of yesterday he was "stumped" according to his twitter but I'm sure they'll fix it in no time and release another update.

gSOLO

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2008
Kentucky
I got it working on my rMini WiFi+Cellular. Restored to default; jailbreak; restore backup (cydia disappears); jailbreak again but when it gets to the point where you click the evasion app, don't, instead delete the app and quit the jailbreak.

The first time I ran it I got the logo boot loop, but the above worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.